Thursday, February 24, 2011

Preview: Super Saturday!

This upcoming weekend is truly going to be a bit of an embarrassment of Eurovision riches, so to speak, with eleven nations picking or announcing their songs between Thursday and Sunday.  (Of course, I'll be trying to update the blog as much as I can, considering I only have one pair of eyes, one computer, and no international stations on my satellite dish...grrr...)  What will you be watching?

Here's a quick run-down of what we all can expect this weekend:
Thursday: National Final in Lithuania
Friday: Song revealing in Turkey (to be performed by rock band Yüksek Sadakat), and a National Final in Austria, returning to the contest for the first time since 2007.
Saturday: National Finals in Moldova, Ukraine, Latvia, Denmark, Estonia, and Serbia, plus semifinals in Sweden and Croatia.
Sunday: National Finals in Slovenia and (FYR) Macedonia.

(The Armenian National Final was also originally scheduled for this weekend, but due to the sudden passing of singer Emmy's father, the event has been understandably postponed.  I believe I speak on behalf of Eurovision writers and fans everywhere when I express my sincere condolences to Emmy and her family in this difficult time.)

2 comments:

  1. So what defines a Super Saturday? Does there have to be a set number of national Finals on a given Saturday, or is it the Saturday with the most national Finals? What if there were six national Finals on a Tuesday? Would that be a Super Tuesday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that would make it a "Terrific Tuesday"! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

(Please consider putting your name on your comments; just look on the drop-down menu and click on "Name/URL".)

Free Hit Counter